Abington Church’s annual history day will take place on Saturday, June 24, beginning at 2pm. The theme this year is, “John Jebb: The Abington Years (1775 – 1834).” Prior to becoming Bishop of Limerick, John Jebb occupied the position of Rector of Abington from 1810 to 1823, when he earned the respect and affection of Catholics and Protestants alike. Proceedings will begin at 2 p.m. with a talk by David McBurnie and Grainne Keays, reflecting on Bishop Jebb’s time in Abington. After the talk there will be a field trip to Abington cemetery, the site of the old Abington Church, and then on to the scutching mill at nearby Millbank House. At the mill, Dan Dinneen and Thomas Holmes will give short talks on Jebb’s contribution to the flax industry and employment in the area. Finally, the group will adjourn for refreshments to Pa McGrath’s in Boher at approximately 4.30 p.m. Admission to church is free with €6 charge per head at McGraths. All welcome.